Bruce Nelson is the CEO of NHPS and has over 28 years of experience in planning, project and construction management. Nelson has held various positions in the construction industry including Project Manager, Project Executive, Operations Manager, Vice President, Preconstruction Director and General Manager. This wide variety of construction industry expertise from both a contractors’ and owners’ perspective enables Bruce to provide exceptional service and deliver first-rate solutions to his clients.
Prior to forming NHPS, Bruce was Vice President of Business Development for McCarthy Building Companies, Southern California. He also previously worked for Turner Construction as Operations Manager for Healthcare Southern California.
His background includes a depth of healthcare experience, including OSHPD hospital facilities, surgery centers, and long-term acute care facilities. Bruce has also managed projects for education, government, and corporate facilities, as well as for commercial, retail and development clients. His past service in the United States Air Force has facilitated NHPS’s status as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB.)
Bruce’s considerable knowledge of project development and construction management led him to participate in various industry conferences as a highly regarded keynote speaker, as well as contribute to numerous prestigious business publications.
- South Florida School of Construction, General Contractor Curriculum
- Former Sergeant in United States Air Force (USAF)
- USAF-NCO Management Training School, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Second & Third Level Certificate for Achievement for Personnel Management & Supervision
- E-Myth Academy, Holt Marketing Saginaw, Michigan
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification
- OSHPD IOR Training
- ASHE Construction Certification
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE), Member
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), Member
- American Institute Architects (AIA), L.A. Chapter, Member
- Construction Management Association of America, (CMAA), Member
- HOAG 552 Club, Member